Time frame of the admission process for the school year of 2022/2023
Phase 1 – Issuing of the application forms
April 1 st – April 30 th 2022
The application form can be obtained in two different ways:
2. Personally at the kindergarten (Jiráskova 29 or Jaselská 15), during work days between 8 am and
Phase 2 – Collecting of the application forms
On Monday May 2 nd 2022 between 8 am and 5 pm
On Tuesday May 3 rd 2022 between 7 am and 12 am
Application form submission:
1. Personally (during previously mentioned dates) at the kindergarten’s office at Jiráskova 29
2. By mail (the date of mailing is paramount)
3. By e-mail with recognized e-signature (send to: email@example.com )
4. To the kindergarten’s mailbox at Jiráskova 29, 602 00 Brno
1. Application for admission for preschool education (with original signatures of both legal guardians)
2. Sworn affidavit of proper vaccination of a child
3. Copy of the child’s birth certificate
Phase 3 – Evaluation of the applications
You can expect decision about whether your child was admitted or not to attend the kindergarten
between May 17 th and May 20 th 2022.
The kindergarten will deliver a written Decision of admission personally or by mail to you.
Application form submission is also possible after May 20 th , only if vacancy is available.
It is possible to agree on a date for submission of application form by email.
Visit of the kindergarten
Visit of the kindergarten is possible on Wednesday April 20 th 2022 between 10am and 12am. This is possible at both locations Jiráskova 29 and Jaselská 15.
If interested, please let us know by email to firstname.lastname@example.org that you will be coming for a visit. Thank you.
Admission procedures, criteria of the admission procedures
According to the amendment of the education law number 561/2004 Coll. and the decree number 14/2005 Coll. for children who turn 5 years old by August 31st, preschool education is mandatory, starting on September 1st of the same year.
Parents of these children are obliged to sign them up for preschool education. They can sign their child up for any chosen kindergarten, not just the one in their catchment area. If they sign up for a private kindergarten in a different region the kindergarten will notify the catchment area kindergarten when the child will be admitted.
Criteria of the admission procedure
Children who are 5 years old and older are admitted preferentially.
Next order of admitted children is as follows:
- children who have a sibling in the kindergarten
- children who turn 4 years old by September 1st of the applicable year
- children who turn 3 years old by September 1st of the applicable year
- children who turn 2,5 years old or more by September 1st of the applicable year